Prospective Graduates and General Information
The College of Arts and Sciences will continue to manage the graduate admission process for the new College of the Arts through the Fall 2017 cycle. Please follow the instructions below to complete your application through the College of Arts and Sciences.
Graduate application and financial aid information can be found with the College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Office or online.
All applicants to the Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design are required to submit:
– Completed online application (no paper applications accepted)
– Application Deadline is January 15th.
– $50 application fee
– Portfolio for the MFA and MA.ed degrees — Statement of Intent and Portfolio Submission
– Writing sample for Art History
– Statement of intent
– Three letters of recommendation, Studio and Art Education
– Three letters of recommendation, Art History
– Two official transcripts from all other schools that you have attended
– GRE or MAT test scores for the M.A.Ed. degree in Art EducationGRE test scores for the M.A. degree in Art History
Points to consider when choosing the Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design for the M.F.A. program
– M.F.A. degree that is NASAD accredited
– M.F.A. accepted student receive full tuition waivers and monthly stipends as part of teaching assistantships
– Awards available including competitive Welch Fellowships
– Three year M.F.A. program
– Graduate thesis exhibition
– Third year M.F.A. candidates have the opportunity to participate in a major juried group show
– Located in a major metropolitan city
– Diverse international student body
The College of Arts and Sciences have other application requirements. For more information and for questions about your application, contact the College of Arts and Sciences.
If you get lost in the process or need additional information, please contact:
Anthony Craig Drennen
Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design
Georgia State University
10 Peachtree Center Ave., Room 124 Art & Humanities Bldg.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Please note: Deadlines are not postmark deadlines. All materials must be in the College of Arts and Science Graduate office by January 15th. Due to the volume of applications submitted each year, a return receipt is highly recommended. It is also recommended that you submit all your materials at least a month in advance.