- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) that establishes national standards for undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Presents a myriad choices for undergraduate art degrees such as BA, BFA, or advanced degrees such as an MA, MFA and MAE. New to the program is an accelerated dual degree in Art History.
- Offers competitive budget-friendly tuition
- Celebrates cultural diversity in a vibrant urban setting.
- Led by an esteemed faculty composed of award-winning artists and scholars who have, through years of professional experience, gained the skills and insights required to help students chart their own artistic and scholarly paths.
- Equips students with technical and research resources from a state-of-the-art digital Creative Media Center to the Visual Resource Center and its vast database including the archive of the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture’s distinguished lecture series spanning more than fifty years.
- Accepted students receive full tuition waivers and monthly stipends as part of assistantships.
- Eligible for competitive premium Welch Fellowships.
- Receive value-added and real life art world experience that may include workshops, gallery shows and the potential for art fair engagement. For example, this will be the fifth year that the Welch School of Art & Design will exhibit at Aqua Art Miami — the International Contemporary Art Fair during Miami Basel Week.
- Highlights from the 2015 Third Year MFA Thesis Shows