The Georgia State Library has a dedicated arts collection and arts librarian, Nedda Ahmed, who assists students both with procuring research materials and developing their research trajectories. Her office is on the 5th floor of Library South, suite 542. Email her to set up a meeting or use YouCanBookMe.
There are three main areas for art books. Always check the library catalog and make a note of call numbers and locations.
- Library North 4: most of the art & design books (call number "N") are here
- Library South 4: oversized books ("Folios")
- Library North 3: photography books (call number "TR") and ceramic & textiles techniques (call number "TT")
The Georgia State Visual Arts Library Collection includes:
- Four online art encyclopedias, including Grove Art Online, with entries for artists, media, countries, and more.
- Artstor access which offers over 1 million images: maps, art, diagrams, posters, objects and more.
- Exhibition Catalogs, Artist Monographs, Catalogue Raisonne, artist books, and art historical books across art mediums, research topics, and theories.
Art & Art History Research Library Guide This guide will provide you with information on how to access library materials and databases, citing sources, offer tips for research, and list what kind of art resources are available through our library.
For information on the general collection, the Library Catalog tells you about all the materials in the Georgia State libraries or in the entire USG system.
School Director: Michael White
Associate Director: Tim Flowers
Business Manager: Candiss Addison
Public Relations Coordinator: Jac Kuntz
Administrative Coordinator: Liz Flamming
Gallery Director: Cynthia Farnell
Room 124 Art & Humanities Bldg.
10 Peachtree Center Avenue SE
Art & Humanities Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
Georgia State University
Ernest G. Welch School of
Art & Design
P.O. Box 3965
Atlanta, Georgia 30302-3965