Applicants for the M.A.Ed. and M.A.T. degree must submit the following items:
- Three letters of recommendation. No form is required.
- Statement of Intent: A one-to-two-page statement of purpose describing academic interests, proposed area of specialization and long-range career goals. The statement should also explain how the graduate program will serve those interests and goals.
- The letters of recommendation and the statement of intent should be uploaded with the other application materials.
- Portfolio: A successful portfolio demonstrates creativity and commitment in a cohesive body of work. The portfolio should contain two- and three-dimensional work. It should reflect basic skills in drawing and design and sufficient advanced skill in one area. Twenty images should be submitted if the applicant is not a practicing art educator. If the applicant is a practicing art teacher, a minimum of 10 images of personal studio work and up to 10 images of student work are acceptable. Under no circumstances should more than 20 images be submitted.
- Examples of work by the applicant's students should represent a variety of media and reflect quality in design, craftsmanship, originality, complexity and historical or cultural content.
- Submission guidelines for the statement and portfolio preparation are the same as the M.F.A. degree (listed below).
Specific admission requirements for the M.A.Ed. degree include the following:
- An undergraduate major appropriate to the intended major.
- A high standard of overall undergraduate achievement, usually a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Proof of Tier 4 teaching certification (from Georgia or other state).