Applicants for the M.A. degree must submit the following items:
- Three letters of recommendation. No form is required.
- A one-to-two-page statement of purpose describing academic interests, proposed area of specialization and long-range career goals. The statement should also explain how the Art History graduate program will serve those interests and goals.
- A writing sample such as a term paper from an upper-level art history course.
The statement and writing sample should be uploaded with the other application materials or sent to the Office of Graduate Programs.
Specific admission requirements for the M.A. degree in Art History include the following:
- A high standard of overall undergraduate achievement.
- Undergraduate coursework in art history. Applicants normally should have a minimum of five upper-level courses or the equivalent.
Applicants to the Art History graduate program are also encouraged to meet personally with a member of the Art History faculty.
Note: Deadlines are not postmark deadlines but deadlines for completion of applications.