Applicants for the M.F.A. degree must submit the following items:
- Three letters of recommendation: No form is required.
- Statement of purpose: A one-to-two-pages describing academic interests, proposed area of specialization and long-range career goals. The statement should also explain how the graduate program would serve those interests and goals. Please also submit a one-page artist statement that describes your current body of artwork and your studio practice. The Statement of Purpose should be a Word or PDF document.
- Portfolio: A successful application portfolio demonstrates creativity and commitment in a cohesive body of work. Portfolios should be submitted via the online application and can include still images; video files; audio files; or any combination. A numbered "List of Works" should be uploaded to the art portfolio submission page. Please use the following format for your list: 1. Title, medium, dimensions in height x width x depth (if applicable) and time (if applicable), date of completion. Include a digital portfolio of 20 high-resolution jpeg images of recent work, including details if necessary, at 2MB per file. Video or audio files may be included as part of the 20 work examples. (Note: URL’s may not be uploaded but may be included on the "List of Works" for time-based works.) Applicants may show work in diverse media as long as all of the work demonstrates the pursuit of cohesive ideas. Please format to 150 dpi, 1500 pixels on the greatest dimension. Please limit each video or audio link to no more than 5 minutes. If the video or audio link requires a password, be sure to list it.
- Unofficial transcript from all other schools that you have attended for your application. If accepted, you will be required to submit one official transcript from each school.
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- The online portion of the application (physical applications are not accepted).